Contact Me

Name

Email

Message

Created by Templates Zoo

Chris Hartman Photography

Lebret, Saskatchewan - Paradise in the Valley

I grew up a few kilometers north of Lebret, Saskatchewan. I have ran up and down this hill multiple times throughout the years, when I had dreams of making the NHL, or at least the SJHL's defunct team the Lebret Eagles. Never have I ever taken a camera to the top, but I had plenty of time this weekend to take the short drive out to my old stomping grounds. 

The walk up is still tough, and the mosquitoes pushed me out as I didn't take bug spray, but the wind died down and it was a nice night up on the hill. After I took a couple of pictures around the church, I set up and captured about 50 shots of the sunset in the same position. The sky can change quickly, so it's fun to watch the clouds take different forms and colours. 


This was the composition I ran with, but unfortunately the
 sunset hid behind the hills more than I would have liked. 

I am trying by best to improve my sunset photography, which is a struggle once I get the pictures into post processing. There are so many options for how the same picture could turn out. 



Just a last ditch effort at a panorama, then the mosquitoes got me.





The last shot of the night. 




No comments

Post a Comment